Friday, June 17, 2011

Rolling Over


Soren can finally roll over!  He does it all the time whether he wants to be on his stomach or not.  I spend my day watching him roll, then rolling him onto his back once he starts crying.  I should just let him figure out how to roll over onto his back, but right not he gets very frustrated, buries his face into the ground and starts shrieking.  Since being back from our trip a few things have changed: Soren doesn't like to be rocked to sleep, he shrieks all the time, rolls around and does this inch worm move.  If there is something he wants in front of him, Soren will stick his bum up in the air and push off with his knees.  It takes him a few minutes to go a foot, but as Chase says, "It's baby progress."  We'll have to get a video and post it next time. 

 
Because Soren shrieks when he rolls over I decided to put him in his chair more, but he drops his toys and can't reach them so the shrieking starts all over.  I think this is how my life is going to be for the next few months!

Now he has dropped it and trying to grab it, what you can't hear is his shrieking which is surprisingly loud considering he does it with his mouth closed.

Temporarily distracted by the TV. . .

 and now he has discovered his sock!

I find it entertaining that just in a few weeks he has learned and discovered so many new things, which wears us both out.  Just this morning he hit himself in the forehead with his rattle and cried forever.  I'm pretty sure he had forgotten why he was crying, but kept crying because he didn't know what else to do.  It's a lot of fun to stay home and play with him, we even like to play while he's sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment