Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Marine Corps Marathon, DC

I was suppose to run the MCM 10k a few weeks ago while my dad ran the marathon, but I completely messed up me knee (torn meniscus) and came along just for fun.  Luckily my sister came along too and we were able to hangout together around the city.  Kaylee and I had the important task of meeting up with my dad at specific check points.  For the first time in the history of races we actually made the checkpoints!
 
 My introduction to DC was the underground metro from the airport to the hotel and my first thought upon waiting for the metro was, "if there's a zombie outbreak or anthrax we're toast!"  I'm starting to give in to Todd's "hobby farm" idea more and more.
zombies on dc metro

Anyways, Tommy puked all weekend and that was a downer but luckily my dad didn't want to walk a whole lot before his marathon and after so they became best pals and Tommy slept most of the trip.  I didn't know babies puked for real, his throw up was legit and it came in high volume. 

Riddle: What do you do when your baby pukes on a crowded metro with no where to sit? Nothing.  Just pretend it never happened.

I seriously have the best baby ever.  Tommy never complained and the only time you could tell he was sick was when he was puking all over you!

BYU vs Boise game.  Tommy didn't know which team to cheer for so he opted out and stayed neutral.
 Waiting for grandpa Doug to run by.
 If a Gap modeling agent is looking for a new baby model leave a comment and we'll get in touch (I'll also take offers from H&M).

 The best part about this picture is Kaylee's dog sweater.
We went to a place called Lincoln's waffle shop, which was staffed by a handful of asians and we were lucky enough to get the most eccentric.  He even popped in on a picture-  I would eat here again just for this guy and the sausage patties, not so much the waffles.
Sometimes you just have to do a back bend.



Kaylee and I walked around the Natural and American History Smithsonian museums for 4 hours!  After awhile I just stopped caring about all the exhibits.  Once you see one revolutionary war gun they all look the same.
DC was a lot of fun and I'm really glad I can check it off my list of cities for awhile.  Tommy flew well on his first plane and luckily no throw up!  Me and Tommy were happy to be home; Soren however, took one look at me when the door opened and ran down the side walk crying.  If that wasn't dramatic enough he then threw himself prostrate on the ground screaming into his hands.  He instantly realized his 3 day weekend on Pleasure Island was over.  One more day and Soren would have had donkey ears and a tail (Pinocchio)!
 

2 comments:

  1. CUTEST BABY ALIVE. i love his tiger hat.

    one thing to consider about subways: if there is a sudden sun flare situation, you would be safe underground. probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of Soren's reaction to you coming home is hilarious!! Don't you love how much they love us!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete