Before Todd's party last Friday, me and Soren had to pick up the house while Todd was working. I was down the hall doing laundry and had that feeling someone was watching me, this is what I saw.
I know the title of this post is "Todd's birthday" but really it should say "Todd's birthday with special guest Soren," because we're obsessed with our baby all of Todd's b-day photos either have Soren in them or are solely Soren. I think we should all be honest with ourselves and admit it's more fun(and interesting) to look at pictures of Soren playing with ribbon than it is to look at a picture of Todd opening a card. Before the peanut butter party we had our own little party where Todd opened all his presents and Soren helped or maybe Soren opened the presents and Todd helped . . .
Soren wants to know what's so funny. He doesn't laugh anymore just because we're laughing, we have to convince him now. He doesn't look amused here.
I'm already counting on grandparents giving Soren plenty of Christmas presents this year and my plan is to tell Soren the wrapping paper is from us, we'll definitely be the favorites.
The batteries really did die but thanks to the power chord the party kept going. Well, I don't have too much to say about our family party-so here are the rest of the videos.
On to the peanut butter party. This was a great and terrible idea. Me and Todd spent all day baking and preparing for it and I'm one of those cooks who tastes and eats along the way, so by party time I was already sick of peanut butter. We made a Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream pie, buckeyes (peanut butter balls), peanut butter blossom cookies, and then friends brought peanut butter cups and another peanut butter pie. To cleanse our palettes between peanut butter courses I also made caprese salad on tooth picks.
Don't judge on the decorations I had really big things planned, but I'm learning that with a baby it takes more than double the time for everything. Soren was not very helpful that day. Everyone left the party sick, so you know it was a good time and I definitely woke up with a peanut butter hangover. Todd is a lot more tolerant to the stuff, I wanted to gag when I saw the Reese's commercial and Todd ate peanut butter blossom cookies for breakfast. Happy 27th birthday Todd!
No comments:
Post a Comment