Monday, September 19, 2011

Boston

We just got back from Boston and it was so much fun.  I have to admit I had extreme anxiety about flying with Soren, but he was perfect flying there.  On the was back however, he was very tired and the only way I could get him to sleep was hold him really tight and sing "If you're happy and you know it" for whatever reason he likes listening to that song.  Thank goodness it's so loud on an airplane because I sang it for about 20 minutes and even I was sick of listening to it.  Also on the way back Soren knocked over our neighbor's drink, tried attacking her laptop and pooped all within 5 minutes.  Flying with Soren taught me how tricky he can be and to also be ready for flying hands.  You're probably thinking what's the big deal, how can a 6 month old be faster than his mother?  Well he fakes me out by looking one way and then suddenly lunging in the opposite direction with outreached arms and his sticky fingers extended.  By the we got off the plane me and Soren looked like we had been in a fight-at least our hair did, there was not a smooth curl on either of our heads!

Our second day in Boston we went to Fenway Park and watched the Redsox play.  Soren wanted a basebell cap so of course we had to buy it for him. 




 Soren's high-pitched-at-the-top-of-his-lungs scream fit in perfectly with all the cheering fans.  I guess Soren was playing with all the people behind us because when we got up to leave the 3 rows behind us all said goodbye to him.
 While my dad was working me and Soren hung out at Commerce park.  It takes up about 2 blocks and there was a lot of stuff to look at.
 Here Soren is looking at pigeons instead of eating his lunch.  Later that day he was sitting on my lap looking at sparrows, but when they went under our bench he lunged forward to see where they had gone and I barely caught him by his feet.  I can appreciate Soren risking his life to see a bird, I've done it many times while driving.

Loved the food in Little Italy and the old Italians who kept pinching Soren's cheeks, clucking at him and promising to feed him.  For the moment cannolis are my new favorite food. 

 Here are Soren's quick hands caught on camera.  My dad still has no idea Soren is about to plunge into his food.

During this trip Soren acquired a new look, whenever someone unwelcomed approaches (usually men) and coos at Soren he'll look at them disgusted and just stare.  I was a little embarrassed, but what can I do?-so much personality in a tiny body!

No comments:

Post a Comment