Everyone knows this weekend we went to the BYU vs Ole Miss Football game. The whole experience was a lot of fun and actually the first three quarters of the football game we could have skipped, but we won and that's all that matters. Here is grandpa Doug and Soren in the parking lot getting ready to walk to the BYU tailgate.
The food was really good, just your standard pulled-pork sandwich with slaw and beans. Keeping with the southern theme Soren ate his sweet potatoes before the game.
Soren is making new friends, note the smirk.
What you don't see is the mob of little kids I stepped in front of to get this. I did not have the patience to wait my turn.
We bought him this hat especially for the game, but he would only wear it for the pictures. Probably because he knows the curly hair is what gets all the girls.
This area of campus is known as the Grove, where all the Ole Miss fans tailgate. I have to admit I thought cougars fans were dedicated but the south takes it to another level.
Here's some random fan handing out Ole Miss stickers to BYU fans. He happily put one on me and said, "I hope that area's not to personal." Even if it was I didn't have a choice, people in the south do what they want. Soren is distracted by a pom pom.
Like many of the Ole Miss fans this fine gentleman was very nice, he even let us pose for a picture with him. While we were impressed with his throwback southern appearance, Soren was just impressed with his facial hair. We were smiling for the photo and in the corner of my eye I saw a tiny hand threading its way to grab a beard.
We then worked our way over to the game. It was his first football game, so he began by telling grandpa about football
He then relaxed in Mom's lap...
but he soon switched to dad for more discusion on Cougar football.
Dad was only as interesting as the low scoring game, So Soren wisely decided to take a nap.
He must have known how the game would turn out because he woke up right before the Cougars rallied. He saw all the highlights and obviously liked what he saw. I think he was shouting "that's another Cougar First down" in this picture.
The Cougars won, but it probably would have been a fun day even if they didn't. The weather was perfect, the food was good, and even the drive wasn't bad. We were so glad grandpa got to come down and go to the game with us, and Soren likes having one more person to play with. It was a good day of football, but Soren just can't wait until he can have us watch him play.
No comments:
Post a Comment