Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas in the Northwest

There is actually a song titled "Christmas in the Northwest" and it's terrible and for all the reasons it's terrible are all the reasons why I love it.  If you haven't heard it (I'm assuming only the parks have) go look it up on youtube and you'll understand why the Northwest is a gift God wrapped in green.


Anyways, we loved our Christmas break and are a little sad to be back in Southaven without our friends.  We're still trying to figure out what to do with all of Soren's toys from Grandma Lisa.  I think we'll be buying a toy box for Soren's birthday, but for now this is where we've put everything.  I can't complain because these toys keep Soren entertained all day.  The only thing I have to do is help him steer his train when he's pushing it.

I'll just start from the beginning of our trip.  One lesson I learned is not to fly in the middle of the night with a baby.  I didn't realize there would be screaming tantrums when awoken by an obnoxious flight attendant.  To all flight attendants reading this, if both my arms are occupied by a baby and my husband is sleeping keep walking because I do not want a beverage.

A day after flying into Pasco we celebrated Grandpa Bob's birthday western style.  Soren's bandana doubled as a bib.  Soren and grandpa Bob are now best friends.
Christmas was so much fun. We helped Soren open all of his presents before pausing to skype with Scott in Brazil.  Me and Todd received so much from our families and loved everything.  I can always find room in our apartment for clothes and dishes and we all know Todd has plenty of space for cookbooks and tools, even if it is in a pile against the wall!
 Such a classy baby in his Christmas robe.




Grandpa Karl reading some directions and assembling toys.  After four kids he's a pro, didn't even hear a swear word!  Side note: Todd put Soren's new carseat in the car while at the Toys R US parking lot and then had to wrestle the cardboard box into the trunk.  There were definitely some swear words and a whiffle bat was thrown. 
Ok, now on to the Park family.  Grandma Ramona took Soren to the Seattle aquarium and he loved it.  He would put his hands and face against the glass and follow the schools of fish around.  We had to take him away from Kaylee because every time a big fish came by she would jump or flinch causing Soren to jump and I do not want him to develop a fear of fish like his aunt, it's weird.






Driving back and forth from Pasco and Silverdale Soren did great.  He had aunt Kaylee to entertain him on both trips and she even let Soren wear the Dr. Dre beats. 
Better wrap this up now everyone probably thinks it's already too long.  I just want to say that we had a wonderful time in Washington and we really didn't want to leave either families.  We're really grateful to everyone for letting us take up so much space, especially Trevor and the cats.  I have to give a shout out to Kelli for being a big Soren fan and I know one day you guys will meet.  Can't wait to move back to Washington and party with everyone all the time!

2 comments:

  1. my life lost all purpose when you guys left. i'm pushing for a two bedroom in CA so you can come visit and stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun having the house full of people. Making plans to expand for more babies in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete