Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Girls Camp

Girls camp finally came and I made it through without having any ticks.  However, within the first few hours of being there one of the girls asked me to check something on her hip and turns out it was a tick already embedded.  I immediately started gagging and dramatically turned away telling her to go to the nurse. After that experience I lived in deet for the next 4 days.
 I had 15 girls attending from our ward and was a cabin leader with the 4th years.  I never went to bed before 2 which was fine with me because sleeping was so uncomfortable I would rather be awake anyways.  There are so many funny stories/events that took place at camp so I'll give you the highlights .

This is me and my good friend Brittany who came with me so I wouldn't to be the only leader.  I think we had more fun than the girls.


This is the weird archery teacher who took his task way too seriously.  I bet he loves Lord of the Rings.  


These outfits were donated to our rummage sale a few months ago and as soon as I saw them there was no way I would sell them so they went directly in my car.  Our skit had nothing to do with the 80s we just really wanted to wear them.  In fact the clothes were the only interesting part, our skits were kind of a failure.
 The Bishop started a new tradition with the young women called fluffy bunny.  It's the same game as chubby bunny but with giant marshmallows.  I didn't think I would be able to fit one in my mouth, but I made it all the way to 4 until my gag reflexes started going off and I could no longer keep them in.


 Out of the 4 that were chosen to participate (2 girls and 2 leaders)  Brittany won with 5 marshmallows. 

My favorite part of camp was the cardboard boat races.  Every ward is given a box and duct tape and the girls have to make a boat for someone to race in the lake.  I wasn't paying much attention to the construction of the box and thought it looked good, but we were the first ward to start sinking!  Todd knew as soon as he saw a picture of the boat what all our problems were.  I'll let you judge for yourself.



 Turns out the cut outs for the paddle caused our boat to fold in half.
 You have to give Erin credit because she was determined to make it work and probably could have abandoned ship earlier.
 Still paddling.




We may not have won first place, but we won 1st to the bottom of Grenada Lake!
I've already been brainstorming plans with Todd for next year's boat. Lesson learned-no cut outs for the paddle.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time at camp, I know the girls LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete