Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February kickoff

The month of January has been a snooze-nothing much going on for anyone in our family.  However, February has been keeping us busy and it's only a few days into the month!  This past weekend we had a baby shower, celebrated mardis gras, painted bedrooms and dressers and of course the super bowl.

The baby shower was a lot of fun, I asked everyone for diapers and wipes and that's exactly what I got so good job friends.  I recently realized how much two boxes of diapers cost and wish Soren would now potty train himself, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.



 
 We were invited to a Mardis Gras party at some friends' house with delicious food.  Soren ran around chasing the dog and eating king cake people left on the coffee tables.  As he went around the house people kept giving Soren beads and he loves them.  Hopefully this is no indication of his future party lifestyle.

 No pants, a fast car and some party beads-bring on age 2!
Soren had his second hair cut today.  Our friend cuts hair at a retirement home and has her own little shop so I took Soren in and  he did such a great job. Afterward his hairdresser, Amy, took Soren to the dining area where some of her elderly friends were eating lunch.  I've never seen him work a room so well.  He gave high fives, waves, some jokes and even a few winks to the aging crowd.  I thought he was going to slap one lady's hand right of her wrist-she had a million bracelets and Soren loved the sound of them clinking after each high five.

Here's Soren receiving his pep talk.

 Doing a little early cleaning and brushing curls off the chair.
 Learning to style his own hair.



 Yay-now his hair smells like coconut and best of all no afro!

So far it's been a busy and fun week and I only expect it to get busier through out February with the baby and all our family coming into town.  We're still taking suggestions for names, so if you have any good ones pass them along!

No comments:

Post a Comment