Thomas and Soren's birthdays are a day apart and because I was still in the hospital we had a small celebration the Monday after me and baby returned. Soren did not want to blow out his candle and it could be because Soren and Todd were looking at flames from the grill a few weeks ago and the wind blew a small flame in Soren's face. It wasn't a big deal, at least physically, but as you can see the emotional scars are still fresh.
Hungry Hungry Hippos
A dog monster truck-best of both worlds
Eating delicious sprinkle cake,
squishing delicious sprinkle cake.
Soren also received a play kitchen and an outdoor slide jungle gym thing that he helped Todd put together.
Happy birthday, Soren!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am with you about birthdays. The best part of birthdays is that it is your day; you definitely should not have to share!
i like that his method of cooking is beating the oven into submission.
ReplyDeleteAshley, Todd let me bookmark your blog (hope you don't mind). Your boys are adorable - I had 2 boys 16 months apart& I agree separate birthdays - we tried one year to have a swimming party for both, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Besides the fact that there were 2 age groups of kids one did not like waiting for his birthday party & the other one wanted another party on his real "day". have fun with those guys and document every cute thing so when they become teenagers you can hide in the bedroom & remember "they were great kids" say that over & over and before you know it they will be men. Paula (SCO Communications) :)
ReplyDeleteOf course I don't mind and I'm glad I have someone who agrees with me about separate birthdays! Thanks for the advice and I'll start saying that now to remind myself on those days when Soren throws pasta sauce everywhere and the baby won't stop crying!
Delete