Sunday was such a long day. We went to church, then Todd went home teaching for a few hours, our home teacher came over right after and then Todd went to the church for a presidency meeting, BYC and BYD and didn't get home till about 8. With Todd gone most of the day that meant I was with the boys all day which is fine, but the longer I'm with them the less I stop caring. While skyping with Rachael Soren was running around the house dumping out baskets of car, breaking crayons and frizzing up his hair. I didn't care because I was talking to someone over the age of 2 so I let the evening unfold according to the will of Soren.
After all of his flurry I noticed it was suspiciously quiet; like that eerie feeling something is happening behind your back. Well if this had happened behind my back I would have smelled it but rather it occurred around the corner in the kitchen. This is what I discovered. I had a rush of emotion and didn't know to laugh or cry. I did a little of both and then grabbed the camera and Rachael on skype.
Doesn't even look sorry.
Soren discovered if he claps his hands he can splatter peanut butter on the cupboards.
After a long day wearing a tie Todd was lucky enough to come home to an abandoned infant screaming in his swing, a house turned upside down and instead of dinner waiting in the oven a blob of peanut butter on the floor. Oh well, I'm pretty sure families with kids have days like these and if not don't ever tell me because I'll send Soren to your house with a hidden jar of peanut butter.
Love it! I'm so glad you grabbed the camera - you'll always be grateful you have these pictures!
ReplyDeleteoh man i was trying to hard not to laugh because i didn't want to reinforce the behavior but it was HILARIOUS. i've thought about it a few times over the last few days and i'll just bust up. that kid. man.
ReplyDelete