non -shaking table
shaking table
The next area had a police car and motorcycle and also an old fire truck. This area definitely could have been more fun for Soren but as I recently discovered I don't know how to play with cars big or small. You'll see from my pictures this experience was a little lame. We'll need to bring Todd next time to show us how it's done.
Soren encountered his first fake food today in "The Garden." I love playing with fake food and as soon as we walked into this area I began velcroing all the fruits together leaving Soren in the "dirt." To my disappointment we couldn't stay very long because Soren was tricked by the fake food and kept putting it in his mouth.
This is understandable, a plastic avocado looks very similar to a real one,
but fried rice? Sorry Soren I don't get it.
On to the entertainment room- by the way I'm naming all these areas myself so don't think the museum lacks creativity it's just me. I enjoyed being here more than Soren. I was able to pick my own song, something by Taylor Swift, and perform in front of a green screen while watching myself on a TV.
Yes, I'm actually singing and teaching Soren how to be a performer; although he didn't really need my advice. Just look at the pictures above he's a natural talent.
It's no surprise to me that Soren's favorite part of the museum was playing in the water. He loved trying to catch fish even if his fishing pole was in backwards, but he can't be baby genius at everything!
I take back my above statement. He caught a fish using the pole backwards, thinking outside the box. Baby genius.
Soren didn't like the ramps in the play area so he would just stand and wait until I noticed he needed help.
Here you smack the flip flop over the opening and a noise comes out of the pipe. Soren took off sprinting with both flip flops and while chasing him he throws each flip flop in a different direction while heading into another area. Wasn't sure what to do so I collected the flip flops and ran across the museum after him. Me sprinting like a crazy person after Soren happens more often in public than I would like.
Standing on a table because it's the Children's Museum and kids can do what they want here. Definitely my new favorite place to take Soren.
i loved the picture of him standing at the top of the ramp with his hand on the wall looking dejected. it's so sad that it's adorable and kind of hilarious. THAT KID.
ReplyDelete