Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Walking to the mailbox

Everyday Soren and I take a walk to get the mail.  I didn't realize how ingrained this walk was into our schedule until recently when we met an elderly lady in the parking lot. She described how she's been watching me take Soren to the mailbox for the past year and couldn't believe he was already walking.  You never know who is watching you, lesson learned.
Anyways, yesterday on our walk Soren touched anything and everything he possibly could and  I love his curiousity so today I documented our walk for everyone to enjoy.

Here he is ready to go.
 Soren has to grab some leaves first.
 Look mom a plane.
 Need to watch this car drive by until I can no longer hear it.
 How did these letters get into my hand?
 I don't want to hold them.
   Feel exhausted yet?  We haven't even left our entryway!  As you can easily imagine it takes us about 30 minutes round trip/

Walking through the parking lots I make Soren hold my hand, usually he does and if he doesn't I end up carrying a screaming kid because he wants to walk.  Safety first.
 Touching our neighbor's prius.
 This is the only entryway we walk through on our way to the mailboxes and he's on a direct course for that doormat.
 Everyday Soren has to step on that doormat.  It'll be an awkward day if someone opens the door.
 This is the spot of sand where Soren will walk across, then come back and walk across again and again until I make him move on.
 Must touch sand.

 I found a baby pine cone.
 Running away from mom into another entryway.
 Soren never noticed the hole this cone is covering until the apartment complex put the cone over the hole. 
 It rained a little while ago and Soren walked through the mud, now the mud has dried and his footprints are still there.
Yay!  We finally made it to the mailbox!

 Someone tried letting go of my hand. 
 Climbing up the stairs back to our apartment.

For other news here are some minor stories that have recently occurred.

Todd sprained his ankle playing indoor soccer at the school.

 Human or zombie?  You be the judge.
 I came home from my Saturday morning run and found Soren with a chocolate mustache.  He ate a pastry with chocolate filling Todd made the night before. 

 Ready for his nap.  Can't go to sleep without his bear, binkie and blanket.

Check back in after Easter.  Both grandmas sent Soren an Easter package and we're excited to give him his first Easter basket.

2 comments:

  1. That walk sounds exhausting! :) I love that you documented it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTEST BABY ALIVE OVARIES IN OVERLOAD EXPLODING MODE CANNOT HANDLE THE CUTENESS!!!

    ReplyDelete