Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fiesta Saturday



Saturday was a busy day for our family.  Todd was teaching missionary classes for a stake program called Road to the MTC till one and I had a baby shower from 11-2 and neither of these activities were Soren friendly so I hired a babysitter.  Ten minutes before the babysitter came over Soren and I were eating guacamole and chips until I realized I was too hot and needed to change.  I didn't even think about putting mine and Soren's snack away, but left everything on the living room floor.  When I came back to the living room I found guacamole smeared everywhere.  Figuring the damage was done I grabbed the video camera so everyone else could witness my plight. 




I sound so distressed mostly because I was really hot and sweaty and the last thing I wanted was to scrub guacamole in my dress and sweat even more before the shower! 


I did not realize how difficult guacamole is to clean because it's so oily.  The combination of guacamole and carpet cleaner made me so sick I couldn't eat anything at the shower plus my hands, knees and dress smelled like cleaner and mexicans for the rest of the day.  Between me and Todd is took 4 separate scrubbings to get our carpet to a faint green and I would consider that a success.

After Soren's nap we went to our friend's 2nd birthday party.  The kids played on a dirt race car track and in a pool eventually combining both activities.







 
Soren spaced out during cake probably trying to think of ways to draw attention to himself because shortly after he was underneath the table crying.  I guess it's time to teach him some birthday etiquette.

It was an eventful Saturday and hopefully they're far and few in between but I think my odds go up when baby numero dos comes.  Oh well at least I learned never to keep guacamole within reach of a toddler-valuable lesson!

2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom! I think you handled that one well and thanks for seizing the moment and filming it for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats hilarious!! Of course he would try to step in it and drive his car in it, that's what they do best right? Make the mess even worse? That video gave me a good laugh, thanks Soren for being such a little boy!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete