Thursday, January 3, 2013

Good Ol' Family Christmas

Christmas Eve we just hung around the house and played some games including human skee ball.  I'm not even sure how it started but the guys bought some Reese's Whoppers and tried "skee-ing" them into Scott's mouth.  Scott did suggest we come up with an unusual Christmas tradition and I think we found one.
Todd and I were really excited about Christmas this year now that Soren's older and loves playing with toys rather than wrapping paper.  Todd was especially looking forward to Christmas morning because he was the one who picked out most of the presents.  I like buying stuff for Soren, mostly clothes, but I don't get as excited about buying Soren a tractor as Todd does.  Our big present this year from Santa was the fisher price car.  Once Soren walked out into the living room and saw that car we could not distract him into opening anything else, except for the Reese's Pieces.


 Soren consumed nothing but Reese's Pieces and chocolate  milk all day!



 We had to open all of Soren's presents.  He still hasn't seen some of the gifts he received on Christmas.
 Back to the car.
 I finally finished Todd's t-shirt quilt.  It only took me 2 years!
 Grandpa Karl and Grandma Lisa bought Soren an art table.  I'm sure Soren is as excited as I am about organizing all his craft supplies!
 Eating Reese's Pieces on the floor while watching TV.
 Christmas was great.  Soren didn't even wake up until 9:30 AM giving the adults plenty of time  to eat and lounge.  It was also nice having Todd's family visit from Washington.  Next year we'll have 2 kids!  And from what I've learned so far, we'll give the baby wrapped empty boxes with lots of ribbon and Soren some candy and a toy with wheels.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh i'm so depressed i wasn't there!!!

    the quilt came out awesome, good job.

    also for some reason the video of soren spitting out a big wad of candy made me laugh till i cried. i watched it like 50 times in a row. good show, kid. good show.

    ReplyDelete