Monday, October 14, 2013

Mennonite Auction

A little while ago Todd heard of a Mennonite bakery an hour away in Tennessee.  On our way to Nashville we stopped by and began loading our arms with everything that looked delicious.  Because it was amazing we stopped by on the way back and re-bought everything we ate plus more.  Their raspberry cinnamon rolls alone are worth the hour drive. When they mentioned there was going to be an auction for their Mennonite school we knew we would be there.  We can't afford to buy a $900 hand stitched quilt, but we can afford the all-you-can-eat breakfast, homemade doughnuts and ice cream.  How are we not 300 pounds?


 Tommy waiting for the auction to start

Since Soren didn't want to sit for hours watching an auction, Todd and I took turns letting Soren ride the train.  That's where all our money went.  It was $1/ride and I lost track how many times Soren rode.

 Can I just vent and say I'm so SICK of trains!!  We watch trains on youtube, draw trains, play with trains, read about trains and make train noises.  Soren can turn anything into a train for example, the picture of the organ on our church hymn book looks like a train to him.  However, it is really fun to watch him ride because Soren thinks he's on a legit train.  Hence the $10 we spent to make his little dreams come true.
Meanwhile in the auction tent Tommy was busy being the happiest baby alive.

When the auction first started the auctioneer said, "there's nothing better you can be doing this Saturday morning than help raising money for these Mennonite schools." My first thought was, "actually I could be watching general conference and listening to the Lord's prophet speak."  Then I thought, "Who am I kidding? I wouldn't be watching conference, I would be watching trains or drawing trains outside with chalk."  So I guess the auctioneer was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment