Monday, July 1, 2013

Soren and Jackson

A few weeks ago Becca brought over Jackson and her baby Cole.  Soren and Jackson love playing together and usually play together well, except for the occasional slap fights.  While me and Becca were talking in the living room I thought I would go check on the boys. I'm learning that when it's really quiet something not-so-good has already happened.  Well Jackson and Soren had locked themselves in the bathroom.  After unsuccessfully trying various tools to unlock the door, we thought we give Jackson (2.5 years) instructions on how to unlock it from the inside.


We were trying to unlock the door by pushing the button on the inside of the knob and once we discovered the notch inside needed to be turned (we took off my door handle and looked inside) Becca had the door opened in seconds.  I wasn't sure what we were going to find because there was a lot of screaming, crashing and we even heard the toilet seat going up and down.
 Well it wasn't so bad.  I was expecting everything to be thrown in the toilet, but instead I had to clean up all the fishies that had been smashed everywhere.  On the bright side I'll take fishies over shampoo any day!
 The troublemakers.  Jackson has a gun in one hand and his cookie in the other while Soren found a screw driver we left out.  Always up to no good.
While we were picking up the boys went outside and played in the rain like nothing ever happened.

Lesson learned, keep boys outside.  At least whatever mess they create can usually be cleaned with a hose.




3 comments:

  1. I need to steal this whole blog post and put it on mine! That was a great 45 min they were locked in the bathroom. We are defiantly moms of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://poorlydrawnlines.com/comic/trouble/

    ReplyDelete
  3. and no, that is not spam. it is relevant.

    ReplyDelete